Tuesday, February 17, 2009

my sprouts have arrived!


My sprouts came in the mail yesterday! one package of alfalfa and one of mung bean. This morning I began the sprouting process following directions I found here. I used a recycled spaghetti sauce jar and, a rubber band, and a pair of ill fitting pantie hose. I was hoping to document the process but my parent's camera is on the fritz.

In other news, something has been nibbling (devouring really) my marigold flowers. Rather them than my baby greens but I'm not sure that this isn't a bad omen for things to come. Mom looked up ways to keep pests out of your garden and apparently urine is a really good deterrent. If Dad isn't game, I may have to pee in a cup and sprinkle it around the garden. Urine is also really good for compost. Who knew pee had some many agricultural uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment