Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Back from California and a weekend trip to Grandma's, I worked in the garden for the first time in weeks. I was concerned I don't have enough space so I dug a bit more around around the perimeter of my patch. Then I dug in some potting soil and raked it over. Mom came out and thought I should extend it a little further so she dug up more grass while I cut the roots, put the dead grass in the leaf pile, etc.
It's a bit like an archaeological dig- I've found a bunch of broken beer bottles, evidence of the ancient frat boys who used to live in my back yard?
Last week I went to Lowe's and bought seeds --two types of tomatoes, watermelon, cantaloupe, squash, greens, snow peas, okra, red peppers, lavender, wild flowers, chamomile, garlic chives, basil, cilantro, ) and basic gardening gear -- gloves, a trowel set, water can, peat seeding trays, organic plant food and potting soil. The grand total $61.
Need to buy more potting soil, some rubber boots. I also might buy some English peas given that Avery loves them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment