Thursday, February 19, 2009

Momentous occasion!


Tonight for dinner, I made Moo Shoo Beef lettuce cups topped with bean sprouts THAT I GREW! The first meal made with food grown (or sprouted) here in the Bohler homestead. I can't wait until I am planing meals around what's ready to be picked.
Also! All of the vegetables in the patch have sprouted! All of them! We may be swimming in squash and vucchini very soon. I have visions of giving it away as favors at the upcoming Bohler-Park wedding.
In other news, you may have noticed that someone else has posted. Welcome to Kathleen, who I went to Lesley College with and who also has a lovely little boy. She is growing things is pots on her porch but she knows much more about this than I do. There may be some other voices joining the conversation.

2 comments: