Friday, November 6, 2009

I made pizza with spinach from the garden.

It's true! I made whole wheat thin crust pizza with tomatoes, basil and spinach.
After i rolled out the dough, I spread a thin layer of basil. Last week when I made this sans spinach, I put the basil on top of the tomatoes and the basil got quite crunchy and wasn't terribly flavorful. So I put basil on bottom this time.
Next I layer washed trimmed spinach leaves, then a can of drained tomatoes. Fresh slices would be better, but this is good too.
Then shredded low fat mozzarella cheese and parmesan.


Then I baked it at 425 for around 10 minutes, untill the crust looked done and the cheese was melted and just golden brown.


Avery was so excited when I pulled it out of the oven, he waved to it, and brought Pop over to look at it.


Avery ate his pizza with great gusto.

No comments:

Post a Comment