Friday, September 25, 2009

recap

So I totally crapped out with the blogging this summer. Here's what happened: no squash, zucchini, or melons; LOTS of lovely peas!; good yummy tomatoes; a lot of okra spread out over a long period of time.
So for the fall: salad greens in pots; sunflowers in pots and in ground; onions, peas, bush beans, collards, cabbage, broccoli, spinach in the bed. I have also planted two black berry bushes. A volunteer tomato plant appeared out of nowhere (well, most likely from either a seed that was in the compost or from the spring plant). My sweet potatoes salvaged out of the compost is flourishing despite being munch on by a bunny and raked by norm. I'm still not sure how to know when they are ready for me to eat them. Next spring I think I might plant some sweet potato towers to make the process easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment